We request that all divers call our local number upon arrival to the island to check-in. At that point, we will coordinate a meeting time for us to come meet you at your hotel, condo, villa or the pier to complete paperwork and pick-up your gear if needed. We will also confirm your pick-up time for your first scheduled dive day.
Telephone : 987 103 02 60
CANCELING ENTIRE DIVE TRIP: Individuals, Groups & Private Charters
* A full refund (less 10% service fee) of the deposit will be made for cancellations received 30 days prior to arrival.
* 29-15 days prior to arrival, 50% of the deposit is forfeited.
* 14 days or less prior to arrival, no deposit refund is available.
* If weather conditions or other factors force us to cancel your dive reservation prior to arrival, you will receive a full deposit refund.
CANCELING INDIVIDUAL DIVES ONCE ON THE ISLAND:
* All cancellations must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the day before your scheduled dive. A refund will only be issued, if the space can be filled. Please call 987 103 02 60.
* No refunds will be issued the morning of your scheduled dive should you decide to cancel at the last minute and/or no-show for whatever reason. All morning trips are scheduled as two tank dives. Therefore, should you decide to only dive one tank for any reason you will be charged for a two tank dive.
* Scuba Mau is not responsible for any cancelled dives by the customer.
* If any dives are cancelled due to weather conditions and/or Port closure by the Harbor Master, we will offer you alternative options, as to either reschedule your dive (based on availability) or receive a refund for the day/dive that was cancelled due to weather conditions.
* Pre-booked group reservations/sales (6 or more divers) are final upon arrival to the island. No refunds will be issued. No exceptions.
* Scuba Mau reserves the right to refuse service to anyone at anytime if divers are deemed to be unsafe, irresponsible, do not to follow the dive plans, disobey marine park regulations, or are otherwise disrespectful to the crew.
* Exceptions to these cancellations policies will be made by the dive operator on a case by case basis, if needed.
Contact Scuba Mau as soon as you know of any changes to your itinerary. We will do our best to accommodate you.
We reserve the right to require a private dive master for the first day (and subsequent days if necessary) OR a refresher dive with an instructor at the diver’s expense if a diver has not made a dive in more than 12 months, or is a new diver with less than ten ocean dives. This is for the safety and enjoyment of all of our divers.
Per local marine park regulations, all dives must be guided by a local dive master or instructor and the dive groups must stay together at all times. The depth limitations for Junior divers under the age of 15 cannot be imposed on the entire group, therefore a private dive master is required for Junior Divers (12 to 14 years old) at the diver’s expense. Again, we stress that this policy is for the safety and enjoyment of all divers on board. Exceptions to this may be made if your group fills the boat (5 to 6 divers) and agrees to a 60 foot maximum depth or if the diver holds a Junior advanced open water certification.
A private Dive master for those requesting one or for those who are required to have one per our policies is $50 for a two-tank dive (for up to four divers per DM). This fee simply covers the additional expenses for the private dive master.
We strongly recommend scuba diving insurance such as Divers Alert Network (DAN). This insurance should be secured before your arrival in Cozumel.
This insurance should be secured before your arrival in Cozumel.